Preparations for the recital are going well, which brings the need for this information. Performing at the Lied Center provides a wonderful opportunity for the dancers. This privilege should be regarded with great respect. We hope the entire studio will exhibit appropriate behavior, to enable our studio to return to the Lied Center. When we leave, we hope we all can feel a great sense of pride in the studio performance, both on and off the stage.
The sign-up recital post for volunteers will be emailed to each student account. The Lied Center limits the number of people in the house at any one time during the rehearsals. On Friday, June 3, one parent will be able to accompany young dancers during their rehearsal times. Dancers need to arrive 10 minutes before designated times and leave immediately after their dance is dismissed. On Saturday, only a few parents will be allowed in the house for dress rehearsal and will need to check in with security to receive a numbered tag to gain admittance.
If you have any questions please direct them to Jamie or Tricia.
I suggest parents of younger dancers to send paper, pencils, crayons, (no markers), playing cards, and anything that can be used or done sitting quietly in dressing room during the recital. Also send your child in a large men’s button-down the front shirt which can be worn over the costume to protect it.
NO video cameras allowed anywhere in the Lied Center after the Saturday’s dress rehearsal.
NO cameras in house area during recital.
At the intermission, remember to take your ticket stub and the ticket(s) of the child(ren) that you plan to have join you in the house seating. Tickets will be checked on re-entry.
REMINDER: RECITAL TICKETS GO ON SALE IN MAY – the Early Buyers (RECITAL night volunteers) will get to purchase their tickets one day prior to public sales. We will post sale dates as soon as we hear from the Lied. We like to shoot for the week after Mother’s Day.
As dancers and parents associated with the Pas de Deux Dance Studio Spring Recital, you represent the studio, your instructors and yourselves. Please read and follow these rules in order that the recital can proceed with as few problems as possible:
- All dancers and parents shall respect and comply with any instructions set forth by the Lied Center, Pas de Deux Dance Studio and designated assistants.
- Other than when performing, dancers should remain in their dressing rooms during the recital. Dancers must get room mother’s approval to leave the dressing room.
- Walk in the hallways… please do not run.
- No beverages or snacks allowed in dressing rooms, except water. The vending machines downstairs are for Lied staff ONLY.
- Parents must pick up dancers at the end of the rehearsal/recital at the JCT. Everyone must be out of the Lied Center 30 minutes after the end of the recital.
- For their own safety, dancers will not be allowed to leave the Lied Center unescorted.
- Dancers behavior should be appropriate and reflect on the overall success of the Pas de Deux Dance Studio recital.
- Lied Center policy: No dancers are allowed in the green room, small lounge area near stage right unless ill or injured. Permission must be given by Jamie or Tricia.
- Dancers may not use the JCT or adjacent area for any activity other than being dropped off and picked up by parents.
- No food or drink allowed in the house area of the Lied Center, this applies to dancers and parents during rehearsal and recital.
- When backstage, stay behind the designated floor markings, to avoid being seen by the audience. Do not run backstage, especially behind the scrim.
- No dancers, room mothers, or parents will be allowed to sit or stand in the backstage area unless they are with their group and are waiting to perform.
Dress rehearsal: Saturday, June 4
8:00 am Teachers, staff, security, Room mothers and pagers/announcers arrive
8:30 am Dancers admitted
No one will be allowed in early
8:45-1:15 pm Dress Rehearsal
Intermission will be around 11:00 am. Parents of dancers that are done at this time must pick up their children in the Johnny Carson Theater (JCT).
Parents and dancers in the following classes should report to JCT to meet with room mothers who will then take the dancers to their assigned dressing rooms. Arrive at 8:30am and go as a group.
Monday 4:15, Monday 4:45, Wednesday 4:15, Saturday 9:45, and Saturday 9 :00
All other dancers proceed to your dressing room. Assistance in locating your dressing room will be available.
Recital: Saturday June 4
4:30 pm Teachers, staff, security and room mothers and pagers/announcers arrive
5:00 pm Dancers admitted
5:00 pm Front doors open to the public.
5:30 pm House open
6:00 pm Performance starts
Parents should pick-up dancers in the JCT immediately after the performance. Parents must come into the JCT to pick-up the dancers. Dancers will not be allowed to leave and stand outside unattended.